Monday, June 20, 2011

Peachy Keen Let' Face it Friday Challenge #17 Patriotic Project

THE CHALLENGE
Patriotic Project
Create a patriotic card representing your country! That's right - time to celebrate wherever you live! That means U.S., Mexico, Canada, South America, Africa, Australia, Europe, Asia - we want to see your country's colors, too!
  • Design must be new
  • Project must include Peachy Keen Faces
  • Link up by June 23rd {the collection actually closes at 11:59 pm Central on 6/23}
Okay so for my Project, I decided to make a card with my other country's colors.  Philippines.  We actually celebrated our Independence Day June 12.  I was actually raised by my Grandma in the Philippines or P.I. for short for 6 years.  We have a Farm with rice fields, corn fields and of course Mango Trees and other Tropical Fruits.  We actually still have the farm but the "In" thing right now is selling Bamboo which we have a lot off. 
So here is my Card:

Card Size: 4.25 x 5.5
DP is from K and Co Americana
Sentiment is from My Creative Time My Little Firecracker
Die Cut is from Everyday Paper Doll
Cuttlebug Folders used: Swiss Dots, Argyle and Spots and Dots
PKS is Laughy Taffy Face Assortment 

My hubby was wondering why we had to be a Farmer and not a Boxer, LOL! I told him I had to create something that represents me, he said I wasn't a Farmer I owned the Farm:}:} 
But just to satisfy him, Here was a card I made a while ago when of Course our favorite fighter was in the US Boxing Manny Pacquiao to find info about this card, just go Here



2 comments:

Cathryn said...

Great cards Kate!! Love the memories too! Hugs, Cathryn :)

Kim said...

I love bamboo everything! thanks for sharing